Reference: MINUTES OF VIDEO-CON. WITH CEOs OF ALL DISCOs DATED 02.11.2019
Reference: 7035-48/GM(R&CO)/DGC dated 07/11/2019
As consumers, it’s essential to stay informed about changes in pricing structures and the benefits they bring. Faisalabad Electric Supply Company (FESCO) has introduced the Uniform Seasonal Pricing Structure (USPS) to offer relief and fair pricing during specific months.
What is USPS?
USPS stands for Uniform Seasonal Pricing Structure. It’s a flat-rate tariff applicable from November 2019 to February 2020. This structure aims to provide relief to specific categories of consumers by offering a fixed rate for excessive units consumed during this period.
Eligible Categories for USPS:
The following categories are eligible for USPS relief:
- Domestic category A-1 (b) with Time-of-Use (TOU) meters
- Commercial consumers A-2 (c) with TOU meters
- All industrial categories (B-1, B-2, B-3, and B-4)
How USPS Works?
During November 2019 to February 2020, any excessive units consumed beyond the regular consumption will be charged at a flat rate of Rs. 11.97/kWh. The comparison will be made by assessing the current month’s consumption with the corresponding month’s consumption.
Exclusions: Certain cases are excluded from USPS relief:
- Defective and Lock Cases consumers
- ZRI industrial consumers billed on “Dollar-based tariff” net metering consumers
- Consumers with disconnected status (in current month or corresponding months)
- Consumers with zero consumption in corresponding months, except active industrial consumers
USPS Relief for Industrial Consumers: Industrial consumers will receive USPS relief on excessive peak and off-peak consumption. Additionally, they will receive ISP-2019 relief at Rs. 3/unit on remaining peak consumption.
Calculations and Assessments
- Consumer assessments will be reduced by the relief amount.
- Excessive units and relief amount will be kept on the master database as an informatory field.
- Duties and taxes will be calculated based on the consumer’s payable amount.
- For TOU consumers, the difference between off-peak and peak consumption will be calculated separately.
Important Considerations For FESCO Pricing:
- If the difference of off-peak units becomes negative, the excess units of peak consumption will be reduced accordingly.
- If the difference of peak units becomes negative, the excess units of off-peak consumption will be reduced accordingly.
By implementing USPS, FESCO aims to offer equitable pricing and ensure customer satisfaction during the winter months. It’s an excellent initiative that demonstrates FESCO’s commitment to providing reliable and affordable electricity to its consumers.
Stay informed about USPS and take advantage of this relief to manage your electricity consumption efficiently during the specified period. By keeping track of your FESCO bill, you can make informed decisions about your energy usage. FESCO is dedicated to serving its consumers and strives to make the billing process transparent and hassle-free, ensuring a seamless experience for all.
Note: The information in this article is based on the reference documents from FESCO as of November 2019. For the most up-to-date information and details about FESCO pricing structure, please refer to the official FESCO website or contact their customer support.